Saturday, June 15, 2013

Introductions

So here I am, going out of my comfort zone.  I've joined the masses and am blogging.  For purposes of annonimity, I've decided to use our family "camp names."  In Girl Scouts, when you go to camp, you are called by your camp name.  At the end of camp, other campers try to guess your real name. So, to introduce us:

Me- Buttercup (can you guess my favorite movie?), wife to the Tall One, mom to Ya-Ya, Sparky, Ranger, and Pixie.  Current stay-at-home mom working to create pockets of peace in our crazy life.

Tall One: My mom told me to marry him after the first date.  She said he had height and musical ability and we needed that in our family.  And here we are 22 years later celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary with 4 children.  He is a hard working hubby who loves loud music, coffee, and being goofy with the girls.

Ya-Ya: My first born.  11 and just finished 6th grade. She is taller than me, wears a shoe size bigger than me, and we can share clothes. What??????   She is a huge help and I'd be lost without her.  She loves to read and I mean  ALL THE TIME. 

Sparky: She picked this name because she loves the fire when we go camping.  But the name says so much more.  She is 9 and a rising 4th grader.  Her mind is constantly on overdrive and she amazes us with her vocabulary and ideas.

Ranger: My only blondie at 6 years old- she was given the gift of coordination and strength like no other.  She has boundless energy and a kind heart.

Pixie: Our bonus baby.  She may be only 3years old, but trust me, she thinks she's 11.  If those big sisters can do it, so can she.  Best snuggler in the house.

Molly: 14 year old beagle.  Only another beagle lover can understand living with an old beagle.  She is stinky and messy and drives us batty but she's ours. I always tell our children she an example of how we show unconditional love, because nothing else explains her survival in our house after all the trouble she causes.

Shastie: our 8? year old mutt.  Easygoing and smart and tolerant of the lopsided cuts I try to give her every summer.

Midnight, Sugar, Spots- our 3 mice.  Yes, I PAID to bring mice into our home.  We got them from a local rescue organization.  Can you believe there is a rescue for mice?  They've turned out to be my favorite pets.

So, now you've been introduced to us all.  I've been kind and gentle, presenting us all in our best light.  Keep reading the blog and I'm sure the truth will come out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment